www.fayettevillehistory.com > University Buildings

Experiment Station

Experiment Station

University of Arkansas campus

Built in 1888, the original Agricultural Experiment Station was erected at the high point of campus next to present-day Maple Street. The cost of construction was $4,000 with a similar amount being spent on equipment. After agricultural operations were moved to other buildings, the experiment station became home to the music department and later still to the university's news bureau and alumni office. It was razed in 1972.

Previous | Main | Next