www.fayettevillehistory.com > University Buildings

Hill Hall

Hill Hall

University of Arkansas campus

Construction started on Hill Hall in 1901 but it didn't open for residents until 1902. It was named for Gen. Daniel Harvey Hill, the third president of the university. It served as a residence hall until 1946, briefly was a women's residence hall and then became the home of the journalism department, the university's news bureau, student media and university printing press. It was razed in 1993 to allow expansion of Mullins Library.

Previous | Main | Next