www.fayettevillehistory.com > University Buildings

Carnall Hall

Carnall Hall

University of Arkansas campus

Carnall Hall on the University of Arkansas campus was the first female residence hall on the campus, and it was named for one of the university’s first female faculty members, Ella Howison Carnall. It was designed by Charles L. Thompson in a colonial revival style and opened to students in 1906. Today it is an on-campus hotel and restaurant, used in part to train students in hospitality management.

Previous | Main | Next