www.fayettevillehistory.com > University Buildings

Buchanan Hall

Buchanan Hall

University of Arkansas campus

The first men's residence hall at the University of Arkansas, then still known as Arkansas Industrial University, was Buchanan Hall, named for the university's sixth president, John L. Buchanan. "Buck Hall," as the students referred to it, opened in 1888 and served the university until 1937.

Previous | Main | Next