The front cover of the souvenir packet included the entrance to Old Main, and described Fayetteville as the home of the state university and the Western Methodist Assembly.
One of the classic images of the Fayetteville Square, looking east on Center Street toward the Washington County Courthouse.
Clockwise from upper left: The U.S. Post Office at the middle of the square; City Hospital on School Avenue; Fayetteville High School, also on School Avenue; and the Washington County Courthouse on College Avenue.
Now known as Mount Sequoyah, the hillside scene included the St. James United Methodist Church on Willow Avenue.
The pond and its slide at the eastern end of Wilson Park proved a favorite summer pastime.
The south tower of Old Main, known early as the Administration Building or University Hall, was finished in 1875.
The first building funded through private dollars on the University of Arkansas campus.
Early cottages on Mount Sequoyah.
Clockwise from top left: The superintendent's house, the north entrance, the auditorium and the cafeteria at the Western Methodist Assembly atop Mount Sequoyah.
Looking west, near the intersection of Olive Avenue.
The view from Mount Sequoyah with the Washington County Courthouse to the right and the First Christian Church to the left.