www.fayettevillehistory.com > Historic Homes of Fayetteville

Wilson House

Wilson House

516 West Maple Street, Fayetteville, Arkansas

The Wilson House was built about 1868 on the site of an earlier home built by Alf M. Wilson. The earlier home provided refuge to the Wilson family during the Battle of Fayetteville, but it burned during the latter stages of the Civil War. The pictured house was home to at least six generations of Wilson family members, including Robert J. Wilson and Allan M. Wilson. Today, the Pi Phi sorority house stands on the site. (Photo by Walter J. Lemke)

Previous | Main