www.fayettevillehistory.com > Historic Homes of Fayetteville

Tebbetts House

Tebbetts House

The Tebbetts House was built in 1853 for Matilda and Jonas March Tebbetts as their family home in Fayetteville. It became known as Headquarters House because both Union and Confederate forces used the house as headquarters during the Civil War. Its front door (now moved to an interior door frame) still bears the scars of the Battle of Fayetteville. Today, the house is owned by the Washington County Historical Society and is its headquarters. (Photo by Walter J. Lemke)

Previous | Main | Next